Shelburne Falls, MA, a town of about 2,000 people, is fortunate to have nearby the guild of folks who created this excellent 133 page book, "Cultivating Resilience: The Shelburne Falls Food Security Plan, Phase I." It includes some of the best examples of innovative food growers, design suggestions for the village, recommendations for implementing next steps to food security. GREAT WORK Central River Valley Institute, Apios Institute, and Conway School of Landscape Design!! Well done! Can you come to my village?? Please?
(Plus, do you love this book publishing/reading technology? I feel like a dinosaur; I never saw it before.)
You must, must, must read about the exciting projects of the Central Connecticut River Valley Institute's Community Food Program.
If I were to get a do-over as a human, I would definitely go the Conway School of Landscape Design!
The Apios Institute website indicates they are planning an Edible Forest Garden wiki where people can share their experiences. You can sign up now to get an email when it gets underway. I can't wait to hear more about the Three Brothers gild from people who've actually grown/harvested it. I'd say Chinese artichokes sure don't work too well alone (too much space, too little food; spreads too vigorously; too hard to harvest/clean), but is, on the other hand, the cutest vegetable in all of creation (and I say this with all certainty despite having seen the merest fraction of all vegetables in all of creation).
No comments:
Post a Comment