Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Vermont Senate Votes To Close Nuclear Plant

Way to go, Vermont!! The Senate voted 26 - 4 to close down the leaking, lying Vermont Yankee nuclear power plant. (How they even got to Montpelier in the snow is beyond me.) Heroic!

Now, gentle reader, how two faced is it to advocate stopping nuclear power without slashing our power use?? As Amory Lovins has always said, our cheapest, cleanest, easiest source of power is conservation.

So, humm .... I gave up on my hideous carbon free hairdo, and am back to the blow dryer. I got a new computer that uses lots less energy, but doesn't do some of the things the old one did, so I still have that plugged in. My power chair ... still not running on solar. Our power company doesn't offer the option to buy from green sources. And here I am burning electricity to chat with you.

NOT GOOD!!

No comments: