In the stranger than is possibly possible department ... The emails and web site alerts circulating about HR 875 and S 425 seem to have some basis in fact. I went to the Library of Congress website and checked. Both bills have, in fact, been introduced. I have not had time to read them, so I can't verify that what is said about them is true. This video SEEMS to be from Free Speech TV:
Here's one of the emails I received, IMMEDIATE ATTENTION REQUIRED:
Subject: RE: HR 875 and S425--WE MUST STOP IT!!!
ALERT! ALERT! Goodbye farmers markets, CSAs, organic food. How can we get the alert sent out about HR 875 & S425 Food Safety Modernization Act of 2009? This act will make it illegal to grow our own food—in our backyards, organic farmers, CSAs. This Act is now in the house and senate and it is Monsanto’s baby. We need to have HR875 and S425 withdrawn from both floors of Congress immediately—it’s going very fast—could be decided within 2 weeks. Contact your representatives and senators! Pass this info on to others!
News piece on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epXNJNjYBvw&feature=related
Stories about the bills:
http://www.wvwnews.net/story.php?id=6726
http://www.opednews.com/articles/Monsanto-s-dream-bill-HR-by-Linn-Cohen-Cole-090309-337.html
http://www.opednews.com/articles/Goodbye-farmers-markets-C-by-Linn-Cohen-Cole-090303-287.html
The bills and info about the bills:
HR875: http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-875
S425: http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s111-425
No comments:
Post a Comment